From the XVIth century the nearby seigneuries of Vaugaudry and Plessis-Gerbault belong already to the same family, because the first known Lords are Jacques Pommier for Vaugaudry and Jean Pommier for Plessis-Gerbault.
In the XVIIth century both seigneuries became the property of magistrates’ important family established to Chinon for the XVth century, Dreux. In 1680, Anne Françoise Catherine, wife of Philippe Dreux, master of the requests and the councillor of King, was talked on the town for his relations with Duke de Richelieu and her dishonest compromise in the affair of poisons of « La Voisin ».
Having belonged to Pierre Herbelin, Commissioner of the wars, who died there in 1820, the entirety was the property of senator Joubert which reshaped it by making build the current castle on a place different from the ancient noble house of Vaugaudry.
This place, distant from hundred of meters, was chosen because it benefited completely from the beautiful view on the fortress of Chinon. It also began to realize an outer wall so enclosing the 58 hectares of the property.
The culture of the vine, which was practised for a very long time (cf. Rabelais) there, became intensified from this moment there. The wine storehouse was built in this period, as give evidence of it a mosaic and a drawing which decorate its walls dated « 1903 ».
Between both wars, the changes repeated by owners, the slump of wines of the Loire, the charm for rival cultures, conjugated to reduce strikingly the vineyard of the Castle of Vaugaudry.
In 1949, it was finally acquired by Doctor Bonnet, grandfather of the current owner. Since 1980, a return in the vine was engaged, allowing the vineyard to reach 12 hectares.